Friday, November 6, 2009

the Chariot



All you pretentious, elite fucks will scoff at this one but damned if i care. This is a classic hardcore album, very guitar driven, in fact the guitar-work really makes the album. Lots of messy feedback, the trademark of old Chariot. Anyways, Taco quit after this alubm and thats when the Chariot started sucking, they rerecorded a few of these songs with new members and released it as the Unsung EP. The only real differnece was a lack of feedback making the overall sound less raucous i.e. less heavy i.e. suckfest. In a nut shell- this is the only Chariot record worth listening to. Regardless, this album is worth a listen. I liked it when I was 15 and I still like it today, even if marginally less.

Everything Is Alive, Everything Is Breathing, Nothing Is Dead, Nothing Is Bleeding

One last important note- I was going to post the Goldman Demo with this but it seems to have been lost in the annals of my /c/ drive. If you have it PLEASE send! and ps, dont give me that bullshit version thats floating around. I want the real one with Look What You Made Me Do and the piano on the tracks.

3 comments: